The SwingCast Cup is a 15-week e-golf league played on HB Studios’ golf video game, The Golf Club. This is a contest of skill with no entry fees to participate. Each week, gamers will compete with an eye towards the end-of-the-season SwingCast Cup.
League participants will compete in a four-round event each week with a prize for the weekly tournament winner and points awarded to those who finish in the top-85. Here is a breakdown of some of the pertinent rules as well as the SwingCast Cup Championship points system.
- Any and all participants must be legal residents of either the U.S. or Canada and at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the entrant’s state or province/territory of residence, whichever is greater.
- Any and all participants must register first at http://www.swingcastcup.com to be eligible for prizes or weekly tournament points towards the SwingCast Cup Championship.
- The SwingCast Cup season will run 14 weeks, beginning on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 and ending on Sunday, September 3, 2017.
- Each weekly tournament will require participants to play four (4) rounds which must be completed between Tuesday (starting at 6:00 am EST) and Sunday evening / Monday morning (2:00 am EST) of the given week to be eligible for the tournament’s prizes and points.
- All league play (for all 14 weekly events) must be streamed live and archived by participants on their personal live-streaming channel on Twitch or Mixer (fka Beam) to ensure competitive balance.
- Gameplay streamed and archived in the evenings between 9:00 pm EST and 2:00 am EST may be simulcasted on SwingCast’s Twitch channel.
- The first hole-in-one made each evening (Tuesday – Sunday) between the hours of 9:00 pm EST and 2:00 am EST (must be streamed live and archived for confirmation) will win a $100 Amazon gift card. Up to six (6) will be rewarded each week of the season.
- The winner of each weekly non-major tournament will win his or her choice of $500 of any golf merchandise at Carl’s Golfland (www.carlsgolfland.com) or a $300 Amazon gift card.
- The winner of each of the four (4) majors will win his or her choice of $1,000 of any golf merchandise at Carl’s Golfland (www.carlsgolfland.com) or a $600 Amazon gift card.
- The SwingCast Cup Champion will win his or her choice of $5,000 of any golf merchandise at Carl’s Golfland (www.carlsgolfland.com) or a $3,000 Amazon gift card.
- The top-85 finishers of each weekly regular season tournament will receive SwingCast Cup points that will dictate standings and qualification for the end-of-the-season SwingCast Cup Championship.
- Points will be distributed on a weekly basis with majors earning double the points of non-major tournaments.
- The top-10 points-earners over the fourteen (14)-week regular season will be eligible to participate in the SwingCast Cup Championship the week of September 5th (Tuesday, September 5th through Friday, September 8th). All ten (10) finalists in the SwingCast Cup MUST stream and archive their gameplay via Twitch or Mixer (fka Beam) on their personal stream channels during 9:00 pm EST and 2:00 am EST Tuesday through Friday evenings during the championship week. Only one (1) golf round of the four (4) golf rounds of the SwingCast Cup Championship will be allowed to be played per evening; e.g., a participant may play the first round on Tuesday evening, the second round on Wednesday evening, the third round on Thursday evening, and the fourth round on Friday evening.
- In the event of a tie with any of the tournaments, the winner will be determined by comparing the tied participants’ scores over the last nine (9) holes played; if a tie remains, then the scores over the last eighteen (18) holes played will be compared; then, twenty-seven (27) holes, and so forth until seventy-two (72) holes. Additional details can be found in the Rules section of this website.
Here is how the weekly and major tournament points will be distributed by finish position.